Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Outer Limits

Just returned from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Here are my favorite parts of the trip in no specific order:

1. Sightseeing in D.C. with Meghan hitting the Capital Building, the White House, and the Lincoln Memorial on a three hour tour, a three hour tour,
(That is me pretending to be a Bill on Capital Hill)

2. Hearing my sister in-law threaten my mother in-law in a Ukrainian accent, "If you don't shut up mother I sell you for two girls.",

3. Three days of body-surfing some really nice waves,

4. Watching the moon rise over the Atlantic and seeing portions of the Milky Way. Oh, how I despise light pollution,

5. Going for a beer and a burger with my step ladder and brother in-law,

6. Eating two fantastic family meals at home, tacos a la Gayle and Seafood De-light with a little help from everyone,
7. Sailing on a Hobie Catamaran for two hours on the sound side with only my pregnant wife by my side, nearly jumping the shark, as Fonzie would have, bringing it in on the landing,

8. Soaring with the eagles (really hawks and I was standing) at the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. I saw a hawk with a fish in its talons as it flew by us 200 feet in the air,

9. Getting to have dinner with my wonderful friends from back home whom we met in Nags Head, Chuck and Lindsy,
10. Star gazing with my wife on the beach our last night there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Nice top 10 list. You made an amazing bill up on Capitol Hill!

10:09 PM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

Right back atcha, kiddo. It was a truly fine week.

xo

10:38 PM  
Blogger MAGEZ said...

I'm glad you had a nice time!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home