Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Lakeside

Just got back from spending an extended weekend with my family at Lakeside on Lake Erie, Ohio. We celebrated my mother's birthday (happy birthday mom, I love you!) with a wonderful meal made by my wife followed by cupcakes made by the grandchildren. I had a fantastic time fishing, riding bikes, eating ice cream, and playing the deadliest of all games involving sticks and pucks, shuffleboard.
Dad with his catch. He spent fifteen hours fighting to land that monster.
Zach and yours truly, I'm trying to restrain him from his unbridled rage of excitement during the magic show. I could not contain him and I'll be a monkey's uncle if they ever find the rest of that rabbit.

This was the game where Zach had to have a talk with me about my attitude on the court. Mason, being the consummate sportsman, pretended to ignore the verbal bashing I took over my "hissy fits" and "drama queen theatrics" as Zach called them.Aboard a 1967 Lyman wooden boat.

Good stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger TheDollimama said...

sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!! love the pix, love your comments! xo

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

We did, er I did! Look forward to seeing you on Friday.

9:15 AM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

So first, Happy Returns to yer mim from us. Second, what became of the VW Boat?

xo

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Nothing ever became of the Volksboat. It requires attention I cannot give it when I'm back home.

8:12 AM  
Blogger MAGEZ said...

Mom, Dad & I love the pictures and re-cap. You'll have to make sure to get Mom & Dad a copy of the picture of Dad and his catch.
We're down to 5 here now, it's a lot different than at the beginning of the week!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home