Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Expanding Horizons



While I was at work I was approached about helping someone at the church with making a poster for a play she wrote. I talked to the playwright and asked what she had in mind. I was told it would be a barnyard scene where farm animals put on a pageant that has something to do with Jesus. I knew what animals she wanted to focus on and that it was supposed to be realistic, not too cartoon like. She also wanted it done in a relatively short period of time. I said I'd do it as a favor for her and the church at no cost than I did a sketch that night. She ended up being pleased with the sketch with some minor changes here and there like the ears up instead of down, a rooster and hen instead of a duck kind of thing. I made some copies of it at an office supply store and then tried my luck at painting the pastoral scene. It turned out descent enough that she wanted to use it so they added the dates, time, etc. and placed them around the building. I asked if she could list me as the artist somewhere and they put my name in huge letters next to the lamb. I don't know if it was to be nice or to make it seem like I'm an egoist, which I am to a certain unashamed degree. Here it is in it's final form. Maybe if you're a Christian, living in Akron, who likes free plays about Christ involving barnyard animals with a cookie reception following, you'll come to see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

DELIGHTFUL! Way to go, Kirky!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Delightful is right! I adore it.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home