Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Loss of Sorrow




















Baby was a still-born
Mama named it Sorrow
I never saw its face
But I cried all the same
Yesterday was the last time
Last time my mama smiled
Now she sits alone, sits alone and weeps
Sits alone and weeps alone for her loss of Sorrow


I've decided to post file 11-04/08.
11-05/09 Over a year ago I wrote this poem after I drew this doodle at work. Meghan never liked it because her sister was pregnant at the time it was written and she thought it was bad mojo. It was written as if it was a child talking about losing a sibling in the Victorian Age. Last year I entered it in the Akron Museum of Art poetry contest along with some other poems I had written. I did not win or place, but I entered, because I love poetry and I've always fancied myself as a story teller of sorts and wanted to give it a go. I never would have thought that this would happen to us in real life, to feel the loss of something so precious it cannot have a value, but we have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home