Monday, August 18, 2008

A New Addiction

Meghan has made claim that I am addicted to post-it notes. I suppose this is due to the massive amount of random sticky notes she finds strewn about the house. She doesn't seem to understand that I need the sticky note, the small scrap piece of paper or the post-it note to keep my mind from all the creative clutter or that I need a mental break, to wander around aimlessly in the meadow of my mind at work so I can escape for a brief moment before going back to the hum-drum doldrums of my less than exciting job of donor form letters, copying and filing. I've been a doodler since the day I learned to draw a car on some old bank deposit slips over at my grandmother's house. I draw a circle than it takes on a life of its own. I come up with my characters that way, like the dragon, Iggy and Francois and I need to keep those little pieces of paper so that when it is time for me to put them into some sort of context I can copy them from the original concept. Last week she became tiresome of the random drawing and placed a small collection of them in an envelope near the printer. I applaud her for her smart thinking in having some type of system for storage.

Here is one of the latest post-its taken from a brief break at work...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Sometimes I envision that your post-it note characters have gotten together and procreated, as their numbers always seem to be multiplying.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home