Thursday, July 31, 2008

Puppets


I took my art off the walls of Sq. Records. I was glad I put them up. Thank you for all the support. I even had someone tell me they would pray for me, to which God, religion and for what I don't know, but I hope its for something nice.

I'm getting geared up for Halloween and to try and make some more puppets. I attended a workshop during the Akron Storyteller Festival a few weeks ago. The workshop was led by Willy Claflin who demonstrated his use of puppets in his story telling. I really enjoyed it and it taught me one negative aspect of ventriloquism I never thought about, that most of the time people are watching the ventriloquist not the vent figure (dummy) to catch him moving his lips, which is true. So I'm really excited to get back to work on doing something with Francois, making some other puppets like an iguana named Iggy and this dragon... whom I'm not sure will work out or not. I don't plan on attending many Medieval fairs so a dragon might be unnecessary.

Here are some pictures of the yet to be created puppet Iggy. Which version should I go for - the white paper Iggy or the Iggy 7:16? Please remember this is just a concept and that Francois needs a nemesis, so he will have Loki and Iggy to play off of. Loki will come later.




















6 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

I freaking LOVE that dragon! He looks so sad, I want to become his friend!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mombi said...

That is probably why I love him. I'm a sucker for a sad-sack, aren't I?

10:25 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

white paper iggy is cuter. i'm off to sq. records to pick up some cds i ordered - glad i got to see the exhibit before it slinked off under cover of night!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

7:16 is less physical threateneing, so if you give him mean and nasty dialogue he will be the bad guy, but more of a dufus bad guy and less likely to inspire the kind of unbridled terror that, say... clowns do in kids. This will make him the bad guy but make more sense as a foil...or so I think.

xo

h

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I agree that the white one is more sinister looking, which most likely would be his intentions. I guess we'll have to see what comes out in the foam.
Thanks for the input.

10:17 PM  
Blogger MAGEZ said...

I like the dragon! But I know whatever comes to be will be fab!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home