Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Hallow Gallow Poll

As many of you are surely aware Halloween is soon approaching. Maynan and I enjoy Halloween more than any other holiday in the whole world. We are planning on hosting another eerie event to celebrate the occasion with the time and date to be determined. The theme has not been decided upon but I'm leaning toward a certain something but I can't say too much. Here is a CLUE...











M is for Meghan who was murdered with a mace.

K is for Kirk who was stabbed with a knife by the kindliest killer who vanished without a trace.

I could see Meghan painted up like a Gustav Klimt painting. I would require one of my mustaches to pull off the Victorian look or I'd have to go sans facial hair.

What thoughts or ideas for a most horrifying Halloween can you offer? If they're good enough maybe we'll kil...I mean, er... invite you.
Happy Haunting!

*UPDATE*

Estivator sent Meghan and I the most delicious postcard in the mail. I think she might get a gold star for the week. So yes, I was thinking of decorating the house and grounds in an Edward Gorey motif. I thought topiaries, mournful lovers, suicidal figures and ghastly visitors could deck the walls and fly about. I cannot divulge too much or there will be nothing to surprise you with.

Thanks for the postcard! Indeed, I think it was the hood ornament!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Good job, Kirky.

11:37 PM  
Blogger TheDollimama said...

You mean like--

D is for Dolli who was diced with a dagger by the dude in the dark who danced with a swagger.

?

Can you believe that I've NEVER played the game??? I know, weird, huh?

Or maybe I misunderstood the assignment...

1:25 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I love your rhyme Dolli!

5:23 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

You are welcome, my good man ;)

10:45 AM  
Blogger H. Harvey said...

‘H’ for Harvey or is it for Horror?
As the creature afire screams- locked in the dormer.

C is for Charles who chopped off a chunk of a cherry red
Chin as he fled from a monk.

***

E is for Edward who thrilled all the girls
With his dancing and singing and magical curls.
Till one autumn’s eve as he traveled the road
that suddenly shimmered and began to glow
making Edward take pause, as his steed also slowed.

Then a breeze came upon him
And he swooned as this autumn,
Marked itself now and ever...

with the night that got him.


That sucked, but was fun. Thanks kids.

Happy pre- All Hallows, K.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Good work Harvard. I especially liked the last one, mostly because my middle name is Edward.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home