Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tea for Two and Two for Tea

Saturday my wife held a fantastic tea party for our nieces, mothers and grandmothers on each side. My grandma Olmstead was not in attendance due to her living in a barely habitable part of Texas. Meghan had it decorated beautifully with considerate and thoughtful little nuances throughout, you can see pics here. She asked me if I would tell the girls a story with my puppet Francois to fill some time as she printed out pictures of the event to give as gifts to the mothers. I didn't really know what to do so Meghan suggested telling a story revolving around the three girls. I didn't want to make it three fairies or three princesses so I switched it up a bit. Elliot is really into playing princess, especially her take on the Sleeping Beauty story. Malia likes princesses as well but she has recently really taken to water, I mean for four years old she is much more adept at swimming than I was at her age. She must have inherited the fish gene from the Olmstead side because that girl is like Esther Williams doing underwater flips and so-on, so I made her a mermaid. Emily is really goofy and curious, she is easy going and happy go-lucky so I made her the fairy.
The story was a basic plot of a goblin named Wortemer Wormbread,or Wort for short. He is a dirty, lazy goblin who never cleans so he kidnaps the princess, the mermaid and the fairy to clean his house. The worried parents of the missing girls ask Francois to save them, he reluctantly agrees. He sets out to find the girls and...
I guess you should watch the clip to see how the story ends.





3 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Funny, funny, funny. You are so adorable and so is Francois.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was adorable! lexy

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thanks girls.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home