Monday, September 08, 2008

Let's Hear it for the fanBoys!

I'm a frequent visitor to a website called comics2film.com they cover all the latest gossip on superhero or comic book movies and it keeps me up to date on all the latest news. This site also allows fans to display their art of various characters they'd like to see play superheros or villains. Many of them put large breasted models in photoshoped outfits, but some of them are extremely talented creative artists. I decided to include a drawing I did last week when I was scrambling for art to display at the Society of Children Book Writers and Illustrators Regional Conference in Cleveland. I didn't think the drawing was suitable for the event so I sent it to comics2film. A week later they posted it and it has garnered some positive remarks.

It has been really strange getting back to doing art on a semi-daily basis. I've done a sketch here or there, maybe a painting or two, but now I'm motivated and I can tell I'm still spread out too thin, but I'm excited about doing it again and getting some of it out there.

The SCBWI Conference was overwhelming, educational and fun. I put together a portfolio of some of the pieces I've displayed here and I learned that; I need to make some of it cleaner and more presentable and that postcards with my contact info and samples of my work are better than business cards for potential employers.

2 Comments:

Blogger H. Harvey said...

Mazel Tov. I don't pretend to be an aficianado of the medium, but it seems a feew who might be thought highly of your style. Congrats.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mombi said...

Yay for my Kirky. You can do it... GO! FIGHT! WIN!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home