Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hello Horror

I've been a busy beaver with an adobe illustrator course, trying out water polo, being married, trying to book a vacation to France, volunteering for coastal clean-up, Toastmasters, painting, and work.

Yesterday I left work early taking a mental health day to come home and try to produce a piece of art in six hours with no idea of what I wanted to do. I ended up drawing a picture of a witch performing a spell on her broom before taking off in the air for a night of terror while I ate lunch and watched Days of Our Lives. Stefano is back and John Black/Roman Brady 2/Demara- whoever is having a personality disorder and could die for the twentieth time since 1987! It was wonderful.

I didn't have time to scan the illustration before the deadline. I took a painting of Twiggy in the Moon and my illustration and headed out the door. Three neighborhood tweens were hanging out next door so I asked them which one I should submit, all three said the witch but if I wanted to I could give them the painting. I laughed and appreciated the compliment. I arrived at the art space with half an hour to make a decision of which piece to enter. There weren't many drawings there and I thought of Macbeth and the three witches and the three girls next door and went with the drawing. I find out tomorrow if they accept the piece. I entered for exposure so there isn't much to gain or lose.

Today I did a quick sketch of a comic character the Scarecrow to post on comics2film. Here you go, some more of my comic nerd stuff.



















And another copy in color....


2 Comments:

Blogger H. Harvey said...

it was nice seeing you that night. So now it's Thursday. Did you get in? Hope so.

xo

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I didn't get a call, I think I did get in. Not a 100%.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home