Thursday, October 09, 2008

Frazzled



Fall has found its way into Northeast Ohio hitting me like a bag of wet leaves in the soloplexis. Normally Meghan and I would be watching Nightmare Before Christmas repeatedly, decorating our home in horrific ways, and prepping ourselves for our favorite holiday. Except this year is different, we are going to France and we have spent weeks learning about French culture and deciding what we want to do with our eleven days in Paris. We've been busy and I haven't spent much time doing any art. This painting is something I did the day of my art exhibit in July at Sq. Records. I called it Boo Radley from To Kill a Mockingbird, one of my favorite stories.

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and I can only imagine how Meghan is feeling, she has planned this entire trip and I have to admit, I haven't helped much.

This picture of my niece, Emily, sums it all up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

We're good to go, darling! I'm glad that we got a taste of fall in Ohio, as I drove into work this morning and marveled at the rainbow of colors on the trees, I realized that I would be sad if we missed it completely. Okay, maybe not sad, but the cycle of the year wouldn't have felt complete to me.

Lizzie is going to get sooo jealous that you posted the Boo Radley picture. You know she's scheming to figure out how she can pry it from your hands.

xoxo

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I think it is another piece she wants and will get.
I too will miss the Ohio fall color change but we'll always have Paris.

2:27 PM  
Blogger MAGEZ said...

Take a deep breath! You're in good hands with Meghan! Have a fantastic time!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Did Meghan tell you to write that? I'm very excited, I'm sure it will be great.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Zaina Marie said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! See ya for the Halloween shindig!!!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home