Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Scary Stories


Do you remember Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? I do. I loved the illustrations more than the stories. The artist who illustrated those books is an artist by the name of Stephen Gammell. He is a very normal looking guy who likes to draw, good for him I say. Like any other person on this planet, I've been pretty busy, both at home and at work. Even though I'm blessed with work, family and friends I haven't been able to do much doodling this past month so I have nothing much to show, except for this little sketch I fiddled with while I was working. It reminds me of Stephen's work. I'm not pretending to be like him, it just reminded me of one of his illustrations.
I hope to get cracka-lacken in the New Year developing some skills. Have a safe and enjoyable New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger H. Harvey said...

First, thanks for the whole Comic Book thing. It was grand, as was the salami.

Your sketch makes me think of Pan's Labryth and the Hellboy characters. beings without mouths, or without noses, or without eyes. One omission and things get frightening fast.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

True dat!
We had a wonderful time! Thanks for lunch at Corky and Lenny's. Have a safe and enjoyable time in Florida.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home