Thursday, December 31, 2009

Down the Drain


I think most of humanity took a hit on the chin this past year so I say we flush this stinking turd of a year down the toilet. 2010 will be here tomorrow and I welcome a new decade with open arms. This last decade was a bit like every other decade with wars being waged, people going hungry, disease, poverty, homelessness and natural disasters. These last ten years were just done with faster forms of communication to cover it. I cannot get over how far phones have come in the last ten years and my reception still sucks, but the picture quality is excellent!

The optimist in me hopes something colossal and wonderful happens to all mankind in this next year or decade, but the pessimist in me says- fat chance, man is not capable of allowing that to happen.
So, I guess I'll keep my expectations low and wish all of you two people a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve and I wish you both a fantastic new year. So long 2009 hello 2010!

4 Comments:

Blogger H. Harvey said...

The slippers are a nice touch. I think it's a collective self esteem issue... when you think about how we, individually, tend to respond to uch, and then look at it globally... yup, that's pretty much it. The Id and the Ego and both sides of the coin. If that is, in fact, the human condition, then you're probably right and it is also the global condition. Yet that sort of theory includes bright and golden moments, and if I may use a 2010 communications term, 'threads.' It can be, all in all, a good rest of our lives. In that context, there's a fair chance.
Still... well done, kiddo. Looking ahead for us all.xoxo

3:31 AM  
Blogger Zaina Marie said...

You deserve a lot of happy too!
:-)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

i've already phoned in a few favors. Your 2010 is going to ROCK!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thank you Z, Harv and Margie. We could all use some goodness.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home