Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sold! To the Woman in Black.

My piece was purchased last night by a woman who was very familiar with Stephen Crane's poem The Heart, and really enjoyed my interpretation. She enjoyed it so much that when introduced she had me give her my information so she could commission me should her name not be chosen from the raffle. I received many compliments but it didn't appear as though I had that many bids. I find it weird how this stuff works. I guess it reaffirms what I've been telling myself lately, don't worry about what I think other people might like but concentrate on doing what I like and if does not sell then I have something that I've made and enjoy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

I don't know, Kirk...I think getting more than one bid in a set-up like last night is pretty darned impressive. Because there was a chance that you could win more than one work, people were probably being kind of picky about what they wanted to bid on. The works that got more than one bid were the ones that people were really interested in. Those bids were golden!

Congratulations on your work being purchased. Be proud! :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thank you Margie. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate your support.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

Oh never you mind. :)

Actually I just had a thought...a fan page for your work on Facebook would be really cool -- I'd be happy to run it for you if you want to maintain distance from FB, or you could create a quasi-identity just to run that. But it would be a good way to make sure people are remembering to come over here, including your friends and family!

Just a thought :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Meghan had just mentioned that over the weekend. You're good.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

Well, great minds...:)

If ya want any help just lemme know.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Maestro, excellent work gone appreciated. Doesn't get much better than that!

xo

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Christina Rodriguez said...

Hey, good job, Kirk! It's always so great to get paid for doing what you love. I wish you many more sales in the future!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thank you gang!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

Hey there Kirk,

I have a very rough idea for a project and I thought you might want to play along...can you drop me an email at m (no space) clayman at kent dot edu when you have a chance?

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home