Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Illustration Friday: Welcome



I hope you can enlarge this if you click on it (you can). I took some liberties with this week's topic and this comic strip. It is my first strip, I believe, ever. The edges were cut off by my printer, but it doesn't take away from this highly entertaining storyline. I call it, Inspired by True Events. Enjoy. Oh, and if there are any professional cartoonists or people who love comic strips I'd love to hear your opinion on my first try at this genre.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice obligatory plumber butt crack!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thanks! I hated myself for doing adding it.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

Have you considered submitting some of your blog posts to digg.com? You could I'm sure get a lot of positive comments and rating...it's a great way to spread the word too.

7:09 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Are you familiar with Winsor McCay (Dream of the Rarebit Fiend, among many other virtuoso productions)?

If you are not, run, do not walk, somewhere to find out about him. For whatever reason, that's who I thought of when I saw your strip.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

Thanks guys. I'll have to check out digg.com
Wendy-
Windsor McCay is brilliant! I love his Little Nemo in Slumberland comics. I'll have to check out his other works now. Thanks for the suggestions.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Real Life Mad Man said...

No problem! Just make sure you alert friends & family if you do post over there -- you can get a swell of votes to start the buzz. If you can get enough votes to get you to the Digg homepage, that's pure buzz gold :)

The line between my life and my job is disintegrating but fast...hem...

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home